Thursday, September 24, 2009

Skywatch Friday, Mt. Diablo

A cloudless sky over Mount Diablo on the first day of Fall.
I had heard that most of the State Parks could possibly be closed soon, so I made time for a quick hike out to Balancing Rock in Mount Diablo State Park. It was about 90 degrees out on the trail. There were just a few bikers riding up the road to the summit, I think I must have been the only hiker in the park that day.... Hot, nary a breath of breeze, and not a cloud in the sky....
Our Northern California sky can be pretty boring in Summer and Fall....
So,
to see interesting sky pictures from all around the world!

5 comments:

Gaelyn said...

Nothing boring about that clear blue California sky and beautiful scene. A little hot for hiking, but I'm sure worth every step. Great capture.

~Cheryl said...

You are correct: we both have green trees and blue sky! Also had our cameras handy on Sept.22! I would have preferred to be on your hike instead of at the hospital! Thanks for visiting my blogspot.

magiceye said...

brilliant blue

Jim said...

great photos on your blog
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Susan Ellis said...

Hi -gorgeous photo...can just tell that it's hot out there on the trail.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map